When you purchase from us, above all else, we value you, our customer, and want to make your experience with our website the best online shopping experience possible. If something goes wrong with your product, you should always contact us for assistance. Please read the terms and conditions below that fully outline your warranty rights. If you are not happy, please tell or provide feedback us so we can improve our services for you.
All shoes supplied have been manufactured by their respective brands. Should any of the products develop a manufacturing or material fault within the first 12 months of use, we will work with you to either replace or repair the product free of charge or offer a refund. The exception is for work boots, where a 6 month warranty is offered for the Steel Blue & Mongrel brands.
This guarantee does not cover normal wear and tear, misuse or accidental damage and is conditional upon care instructions being followed. To make a claim please return the product to The Next Pair. This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights in any way.
The warranties and product support set out in these Terms and Conditions are provided by us irrespective of:
1. The identity of the manufacturer of the Product. 2. Whether or not the manufacturer has provided its own warranties or product support in relation to the Product.
For the avoidance of doubt:
1. We make no representations or warranty in relation to the existence, non-existence, validity, availability, terms or conditions of any other warranties or product support that may or may not be offered or provided by the manufacturer of the Product; and 2. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. The warranties and product support that we offer and provide pursuant to our Terms and Conditions are in addition to the consumer warranties and guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law.
In the event that You have a warranty claim in respect of a Product delivered within Australia, you will be asked to return the relevant Product to The Next Pair Returns department.
What is “normal wear and tear?”
Normal wear and tear is defined as the wearing down of the sole or upper elements of a shoe, while only wearing it for its intended use. Let’s say you’ve purchased a running shoe and you’re a runner who logs over 60km per week. While most of the running models can get you as much as 800km or more during the life of the shoe, chances are, once you’ve hit that threshold, the shoes have undergone some substantial “wear and tear.” Even though they are only 6 months old.
What is “misuse or accidental damage?”
Let’s say If you’re rock climbing and attempting to scale a cliff in a pair of Converse All Star shoes that doesn’t have the required technology built in for the extremes of rock climbing. The Converse All Star was originally designed as a basketball shoe in the 1960’s but has since evolved into casual walking shoe, and thus not meant to withstand the abrasion that can occur when attempting to rock climb. The cotton canvas upper and the rubber midsole is likely to shred and tear during the activity. This is misuse.
While all parts of a shoe will eventually wear out over time it’s important to note that the quality of movement can have a dramatic effect on the natural life of a shoe. The more refined and technically correct the movement, the longer the shoes will last.
As for “accidental damage,” just don’t let your dog eat your shoes for breakfast. Putting shoes through a hot wash or leaving them on the back window of the car on a hot day can all potentially damage the shoe.
Taking a fall while trail running and hitting the side of the shoe with a sharp rock would also be considered accidental.
Warranty Terms and Conditions
Please contact The Next Pair via the Contact Us Page for all warranty and product support requests.
These Terms and Conditions constitute a contract between the customer (you) and The Next Pair Pty Ltd. (Us, We, Our, Warrantor) ABN 94 162 220 411.
1. Subject to the terms and conditions set out below, The Next Pair agrees to repair or replace the product which it supplied to you at its own cost, in circumstances where the Product does not perform in accordance with The Next Pair’s specifications during:
i. the Standard Warranty period of 12 months for all footwear excluding work boots.
ii. the Standard Warranty period of 6 months for all work boots (Steel Blue & Mongrel).
2. The Australian Consumer Law provides certain guarantees to consumers when they purchase goods and these guarantees cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. These consumer guarantees are different to, and separate from, this warranty, which is given voluntarily by the Warrantor. The time limit of consumer guarantees varies depending on the price and quality of the goods and may extend beyond this warranty or any applicable warranty provided by the manufacturer of the goods.
3. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
4. The benefits provided to you by this contractual product warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies available to you under the law.
5. Proof of purchase (invoice or paid Order confirmation) must be provided when requesting service under the Standard Warranties.
6. Where Products are already faulty or damaged upon delivery, photographic evidence of the damage must be submitted to us via the contact us page.
7. Subject to the terms and conditions of this warranty, where your goods are defective within 6 months (work boots) or 12 months (all other footwear) of your purchase, the Warrantor agrees to repair the goods, provide you with a replacement or provide you with store credit or a refund for the full amount of the purchase price of the product, excluding the associated delivery cost (in the event that it is not possible to repair the goods or a replacement is unavailable).
8. In the event that a replacement, refund, or store credit is provided, the faulty item will become the property of The Next Pair Pty Ltd.
9. In the event you need to contact us, please do so via our Contact Us Page. Instructions for returning goods are provided through our FAQ or Shipping & Returns Page.
10. Standard Warranties of products purchased from www.thenextpair.com.au do not apply:
i. to cosmetic damage, to boxes, packaging or exterior surfaces (including during transit).
ii. to damage caused by use with another product.
iii. to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, fire, earthquake or other external cause.
iv. to damage caused by operating the Product outside any guidelines published for use.
v. to a Product that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written permission of The Next Pair Pty Ltd.
vi. to defects caused by normal wear and tear, misuse or accidents, or otherwise due to the normal ageing of the Product.
vii. Where proof of purchase (invoice or paid Order confirmation) cannot be provided.
11. We reserve the right to determine which repair centre is the appropriate service location in any particular circumstance.
12. If any returned goods are found to be in good working order, we may seek reimbursement, at our discretion, for any costs incurred by us in relation to such goods. In such cases, you agree that we may hold your goods until such payment is received.
13. You must comply with all return instructions provided to you via your registered email address when making a claim under this warranty.
14. We cannot accept returns that have not been authorised through the process outlined in these terms and conditions.
15. Except as required by law (including the Australian Consumer Law), our liability under this warranty shall not exceed the amount of the purchase price of the goods or the replacement of the goods with the same or a similar product.
16. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …